To provide delegates with an awareness course on the slinging and signalling of loads using varying types of lifting equipment.
- Following risk assessments, method statements and lifting plans
- Slinging various loads including balanced, unbalanced and loose loads
- Delivery of signals to the lifting equipment operator using different forms of communication
- Selecting, attaching and removing appropriate lifting accessories
- Lifting and accurately placing various loads including trial lifts to and from confined and blind areas
- How to inspect check and maintain accessories and store them correctly
- How to calculate the down rating of lifting accessories
- Establishing the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the lifting equipment operator
- Identification and compliance with manufacturers’ instructions other information sources and applicable legislation and ACOPS such as LOLER & BS7121
Duration and Certification
Full Day – Awareness Certificate of Training – valid for three years.