GMCT Offer the Following NRSWA Courses
NRSWA – Operative
NWSWA – Supervisor
NRSWA – Refresher
What is NRWSA
New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) is a requirement at both operative and supervisory levels for anyone that work on public highways.
GMCT Ltd Also Offer Refresher Training
Refresher training is required to maintain certification and cards
Units of Training Operative
- Unit 001 – Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Unit 002 – Signing, lighting and guarding units
- Unit 003 – Excavation in the road/highway
- Unit 004 – Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 005 – Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Unit 006 – Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- Unit 009 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
Units that may also be included (please call to discuss):
- Unit 007 – Reinstatement of hot-lay bituminous materials
- Unit 008 – Reinstatement of concrete slabs
Units of Training Supervisor
- Unit 001 – Location and avoidance of underground services
- Unit 010 – Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding; co-ordination procedures and code of practice
- Unit 011 – Monitoring excavation in the highway; specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Unit 012 – Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 013 – Monitoring reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base and road-base materials
- Unit 014 – Monitoring laying practices and reinstatement of bituminous materials; specification and types of materials
- Unit 016 – Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete highways.
Duration and Certification
The full course consists of 5 days, 3 days of training, 2 days of technical tests, for both operatives and supervisors.
Refresher training consists of a 2 day course