The course is designed for personnel that undertake maintenance, refurbishment or building work and will appeal to general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, demolition workers, construction workers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, burglar, fire alarm installers, architects, building surveyors and other such professionals.
- Legislation & Safe Systems of Work,
- Identification of Asbestos (ACM’s
- Different Types of Asbestos
- Health Issues
- Typical Locations of Asbestos
- Who May Be Harmed from Exposure
- Reporting Requirements
- Licensed and Non-Licensed Work
- Management & Demolition and Refurbishment Surveys
Duration and Certification
1/2 Day – awareness Certificate of Training – valid for one year (in line with guidelines from the HSE).
This course can be developed and adapted to refer to or include specific areas of the client’s operations, particularly focussing on issues that are present and utilising the client’s own asbestos policies and procedures.