Manual Handling of Inanimate Objects ensures that delegates hold an understanding of safe techniques to use when lifting and moving objects of varying size and weight, so as to avoid any injury to themselves or others. The training is designed for those who undertake manual handling activities in their working role and it can be customised so that delegates can experience handling objects which they would encounter in their workplace.
- Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act [HASAWA] 1974
- MHOR 1992.
- Manual Handing Injuries.
- T.I.L.E – Safe system of work.
- Correct lifting techniques.
- Manual handling guidelines.
- Manual handling hazards and risks
- Preventing injury from manual handling
- Applying risk assessment to manual handling
Duration and Certification
1/2 Day – Awareness Certificate of Training – valid for three years.